Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 9- Malmö, Sweden; the day that wouldn't end!

I decided to go out for a little stroll since it stays light so late in Sweden nowadays, and also because there are a number of nice-looking parks within walking distance of my hostel. This is the opera house, with a very unusual but pretty monument in front:


You can't see it in this photo (thanks a lot, sky!) but there is an eternal flame in the top ring of this monument.


Nearby, on my way to slottsparken (castle park).


A vocational school? Unless my Swedish is really horrible, which is likely.


The city library.


In the park there were baby geese!


they grow up so fast...



At the entrance of the slottspark.




Well, hello.



Here you see a traditional Swedish windmill. Yes, it's still in use, to grind the moose meat for the meatballs that help finance the expensive winter gear of the national bikini team. When it is not in use, it is dismantled and stored in an igloo. 


I'm still absolutely stuffed from my day of vegan gluttony. Behold my dinner!


Stockholm (and family!) tommorow. It's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment