Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I am now in Frankfurt

Today seemed endless. It started with me arriving in Frankfurt just before 8am. It's now nearly 5pm and I can't believe I'm still standing! 

Well, technically, I'm sitting in a comfy chair on the balcony over Kaiserstrasse at the Frankfurt Hostel, where free breakfast is energetically served with The Offspring! It's like the nineties never ended!

Frankfurt is extremely confusing. Maybe it's the fact that I was on a plane for 16 combined hours, or the fact that I don't speak German, but there seems to be little to no signage around. It took me a good hour to get out of the airport, just because I couldn't figure out how to get to the subway. Then I couldn't figure out how to buy a ticket. That evil vending machine almost got eleven euros out of me-- good thing I took my luck in the line and bought it from a real live human being- a nice one, too!- for only 3.70.

Long story short, I probably walked five times as much today as I would have if I knew exactly where I was going. But the good news is that I not only found insoles (completely through mime and the few German words that sound similar to Swedish words) for my barking dogs, but I found a card reader for my "new" camera. So I'll have photos up later today!

But first, I have a falafel to attend to...

No comments:

Post a Comment