Sunday, May 24, 2009

Days 10 & 11- Stockholm

Wassup, fools? I am in Stockholm with the coolest cousin ever, Anna-Carin. I probably won't upload any photos until Day 14 when I reach Helsingborg, because I'm too busy hanging out and having fun with mina släktingar. Although my Swedish is far from perfect, I have been practicing quite a bit and most people (except maybe the dude at Naturbageriet Sattva yesterday) are patient and indulgent in my little motherland fantasy.

My dad is on notice; he won't get a moment's rest from me until he gets his dual citizenship, and then I can get my dual citizenship. You've been warned, dad!

The weather has cleared up and is beautiful and sunny. It's a good reminder of why these folks put up with the winters they've got, and I can't believe it took me sixteen years to return in the summertime. Later today we're meeting more cousins for a traditional feast (which I will help make vegan-friendly), and I get to meet the newest addition to the family (a Jack Russel terrier named Esther)! Oh, and maybe a boat ride over to Skansen and Djurgården to see the new baby bears. Later on, we're going to put on our capes and corpse paint and run around in the woods sacrificing innocents to Odin. You know, a typical Swedish day all in all.

1 comment: